Monday, June 7, 2010

my afternoon snack

I love roasting vegetables simply, and I do it frequently, with many different kinds of vegetables. This is one of my favourites. Sometimes it's my veggie to accompany my dinner, sometimes (like today) it's a quick fix when I'm hungry in the middle of the afternoon.



Roasted cauliflowers with walnuts

Separate the cauliflower into fleurettes. Place on a baking sheet, sprinkle it with salt and red pepper (always assume I use Aleppo pepper, the red kebab pepper of Turkey, unless I say otherwise), drizzle with olive oil. Roast until almost done. Add walnuts to the baking sheet and continue to cook for two more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice. Easy, tastes great, and is super healthy.

Roasted vegetables lend themselves to variations. Try it with different spices, different nuts, combined vegetables, etc. I make mine in my counter-top convection oven, and it's ready in about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment