Saturday, July 10, 2010

sea bass with pistachios

I got some fresh sea bass (levrek) yesterday, and I immediately knew what I was going to do with it.


Sea bass and pistachios. Simplicity itself. It turned out to be an absolutely perfect marriage.

Season the sea bass with salt and pepper.
Saute in olive oil, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Chop pistachios roughly. (I did it with a knife, didn't want it to get mushy.)
Press the pistachios onto the sea bass.
Cook for 3 minutes more in oven pre-heated to 425 F.
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and olive oil.

I have to say that sticking to a low GI diet has dramatically changed the way I go about cooking. When you do a major overhaul of how you eat, you let go of a lot of automatic stuff in the kitchen and become more in tune with your own palate. Very liberating.

And yes, the sea bass was 'responsible sourced,' whatever that means. I decided to trust Whole Foods and not go on a quest to personally ensure that it was all ethical.

No comments:

Post a Comment